Skip to main content
Below is a short note Palm T|W( not a review):

I bought my palm T|W on 13/4/03 after waiting for months for Palm/Sony
to come out with "my perfect specs " for my pda.That was the day my
patience ran out:-) My perfect specs never turn up so I have to be
contented with at least 80% meeting the "my" requirements.

Before this purchase,I used Handera. And before that,I was very
satisfied with my Palm111c. It is coloured,has infra-red to
communicate with my siemens hp and a good pda for my needs. This
experience leads me to demand at least what I used to get if not better.

I would say I use my palm in equal proportion as pim(organiser) and a
communication tool( may be 50% each). Therefore, I need something that
has strong features in these two areas.Below I list the reasons of my
choice:

What made me buy Tungsten T|W:

1. Palm OS-it is better tham windoz
2. Colour-good my aging eye-sights(Handera has good functions but sadly
not coloured and giving problems)
3. Remote connection for sms/email/web - give me freedom to check
emails any time any where.Ease of use in sending sms.
4. As a mobile phone.-seldom use to call from palm.Inconveniece to use
headphones.I use normal phone.
5. Built-in key board-very handy to send or reply sms/emails.


One month has gone by and yesteday I received the telephone bill for my
palm T|W. It cost me RM 140 for my data charges for my
wap/gprs/email/sms etc from maxis. For personal use, it appears to be
expensive but in my case I use my palm for personal and business as
well. The bill is footed by my firm;-)

There is one inconvenience I suffered using this palm. It is when
someone calls me( when they could not get me from my normal hp-019.)
and I will be searching for my head set.It is toleratable since this is
NOT my main voice communication tool.

All in all, It serves my needs quite well. However, I wish I can talk
to my Palm T|W without wires stringing down my ear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Night photo using Nokia N8

Now, I am looking at more on using my available softwares to organise my life and work than just enjoying the fun of palm computing technology-be it palm or iPaq.