Skip to main content
8/6/2002 8:13:08 PM
Dear friends/sdara,

I am planning to launch a book project. The risk of failure is quite high but I am willing to take the risk. This idea comes from a similar project launched by the people at : http://www.bookcrossing.org
It is about promoting the culture of reading. Considering our Malaysian habit, the chance of its success is low. The original idea was to get a few books and leave them at public places for people to take and read and 
THEN they pass on to their friends and so on. My modified model of the project is to get a few books and give out to a few friends to read. After the readers read the books, they will check into my website: 
http://www.communityzero.com/bookcafe  ( an online forum and bulletin board) and post their comments there. After that the readers will identify the next potential readers to read the book and repeat the same 
process again. The project can fail in many ways: the potential readers don't read the books or they don't pass the books after reading them. My only monitoring system is through their feedback at the mentioned 
website.If they don't give feedback,then I am lost...

For the moment, I am going solo on this project. If it works, then I will extend invitationS to all of you to donate books for the project. In the event anyone of you dare to take the risk to join me in this project,you are 
most welcome !
 
I  intend to launch this project at my Palmx Annual Dinner  ON 24TH aUGUST,2002 with at least five books.The next five will be at SDARA Egroup Annual Dinner - making it ten books for this year as a trial. 
May I have your suggestions on the books that I should buy and distribute for free.Please give as many suggestionS as possible.

---Adib

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Night photo using Nokia N8

Now, I am looking at more on using my available softwares to organise my life and work than just enjoying the fun of palm computing technology-be it palm or iPaq.